The Great Poker Adventure

Saturday, July 01, 2006


England get what they deserve!

Well, that is the end of that. It is official. The Swedish moron has wasted the best group of individual players that England have had for over 30 years, by singularly failing to ever get them playing like anything that remotely resembled a team.

As 10-man England predictably crashed out on penalties again, I want to give an honourable mention to 3 players:

Wayne Rooney - spectacularly let England down when the pressure was on, as many of us suspected that you would
Frank Lampard - conducted a one man cows-arse/banjo experiment throughout the tournament, which he carried right to the bitter end in the penalty shoot-out. No bottle.
Paul Robinson - kept goal like a pub footballer from start to finish. Never looked like saving a penalty. What was he doing for the Portuguese 4th kick?????

It's a good job that I don't care about International football, or I would be rather depressed this evening!

As soon as the game finished I popped out to grab a Chinese takeaway, and witnessed the mass-exodus of the bandwagon-jumpers from the pubs in the High St. As the young lads and their girlfriends, all dressed in England shirts, trudged home with faces like kites, it was as much as I could do to avoid bursting out laughing.

I bet most of these imbeciles don't even realise that the World Series of Poker is taking place as they cry into their pints!

I am off to Vegas tomorrow lunchtime!

I very much doubt if I will even bother to watch the World Cup semifinals or the final now, as they kick off at around noon in Vegas, which will be prime sleeping time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home