The Great Poker Adventure

Monday, July 03, 2006


Vegas at last!

Singularly uneventful flight with Air Canada from Heathrow via Calgary to Vegas.

Worth noting for future reference is that one is first obliged to clear Canadian customs and immigration and then clear US customs and immigration at the point of departure. Both of these lines were very short and very fast. Much, much easier than entering the USA via a direct flight from Europe.

Upon arrival at McCarron I collected my cheap and cheerful Dollar rental car and headed for the strip.

Check-in at the Imperial Palace (IP) was smooth and I decided to hit the IP poker table for a couple of hours, before the 8 hour time difference drove me to my bed. At this stage I had been up for 28 hours. I ended up playing for 4 hours and finshed very slightly down, without hitting any cards to speak of.

I then had a pretty good reuben sandwich at the 24 hour coffee shop and went to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home