The Great Poker Adventure

Friday, July 07, 2006



Not a bad debut, but I will do better next year!

I busted out of the $1,500 Limit Holdem Event at the 2006 World Series of Poker about 30 minutes ago.

As best that I could tell, I finished in about 160th position out of 701 entrants. The turnout was a little lower than I expected, as there was also a $5,000 Omaha event starting today. The first prize is about $350k and I needed to make seventieth place to finish in the money.

The event was packed with Pro's, although the only one that I recognised on my table was Aaron Bartley, who was a lot of fun to play with.

Pro players that I laster longer than included, Roland De Wolfe, Alan Cunningham, Kathy Liebert, Kenna James, Greg Mueller and TJ Cloutier!

I survived about 15 minutes into the 5th hour of play. Starting with $1,500 in chips, the highest that I got was to $3,200 after the first 2 hours, where I would have been amongst the chip leaders.

However, I took a couple of heavy beats shortly afterwards, and then never really got much going after that.

It was a fantastic experience, and I am now much more confident that I can hold my own in decent company at Limit Holdem.

I am looking forward to next year already!

Now I need to make some money from the tourists over the weekend...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home