The Great Poker Adventure

Saturday, July 08, 2006


No Limit – Egyptian Style

After sulking briefly after crashing out of the WSOP, I had my usual early evening siesta and then headed to the Venetian for the 3rd night running.

This was a very frustrating session where I couldn’t find a flop, and when I did, my hands just wouldn’t hold up. The standard was generally pretty decent at the 3/6 game, with the exception of one elderly guy who was donating generously to everyone except me!

The only consolation from a disappointing losing session was another excellent comped meal at the Grand Lux Café, this time BBQ Chicken Pizza. Delicious!

Friday morning I decided that I had better expose myself to the sun for the 1st time on this trip, on which I have been keeping mainly nocturnal hours. I hit the pool at the IP at 8.30am for a 30 minute swim and about 15 mins on the sunbed. It must already have been 90 degrees, and was very pleasant. I must try and do this each morning for the remainder of the trip so that I return with at least something of a tan!

I then made a quick trip to Toys R Us to get Anthony some Power Rangers Mystic Force toys, which won’t hit the shops in the UK until after Christmas. (Anyone who doesn’t have a 4 year old boy, won’t understand the significance of this!)

I had read before I came out to Vegas that the No Limit Holdem game at the Luxor has a reputation for attracting very weak and inexperienced players, because the buy-in for the game is only $50, which is half of what it is anywhere else in town.

Sure enough, there were several horrible players in the game, as well as several sharks circling. Having identified one from the other quite quickly, I built up my $50 to over $250, before losing a couple of close pots, and cashing out for a nice 3 figure win.

I will certainly return to this game one evening over the next couple of days, to see how bad the weekend crowd play!

After hitting Starbucks to post this blog update and check out the WSOP results, I am going to make a pilgrimage to the spiritual home of the WSOP, Binion’s, in downtown Las Vegas.

I rather fancy playing a low buyin no limit tournament if there is one available.

I am still having fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home