The Great Poker Adventure

Monday, June 25, 2012

They thinks it's all over...

So to the last day.

As I knew that the Flamingo gym is not well attended, I didn't head down there until a leisurely 7am. After working out, I posted my blog from yesterday and then drove back to the MGM, to spend my poker comps on breakfast, as I had forgotten to do so earlier in the week.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had $36 accumulated on my MLife card, which means that my earnings from 2010 hadn't expired as I had expected them to have. I converted $26 to a cheque which covered me for brunch at the MGM Grand Buffet. Lots of food, mostly quite tasty, and I ate at least two meals worth!

I then headed back to the shopping mall to get in a few last minute purchases.

Kick-off for England v Italy in the Euro 2012 Quarter Final was fast approaching, and the Reds were also playing the Twins in the early slot, so I drove back to the Flamingo and got seated in the sports book to watch both at the same time.

England were OK in the 1st half, and missed a few chances, but as the game progressed they got more and more outplayed, until they were clinging on for dear life in extra time. 


So to penalties, and Gerrard and Rooney put England ahead after Italy missed their 2nd pen, but they Ashley Young hit the bar and then Ashley Cole splendidly scuffed his kick straight at Buffon, and that was the end of that. 


All in all, an extremely satisfactory outcome for Arsenal fans, and Italy progress to the semifinal where they will get soundly beaten by Germany next week.


Meanwhile Aroldis Chapman conceded a 2-run HR at the top of the 9th to blow the save and hand the Twins a 4-3 victory.


I then hit the pool for a hour, which was still busy, but not so manic as the previous two days.


It was high time that I got into a poker game, so I sat in the 1/2NL at the Flamingo and played solid for a couple of hours against a decent set of opponents to post a nice winning session.


By now my MGM brunch had become a distant memory, so I headed out along the Strip to the Imperial Palace to revisit HHAG for dinner. This time I ordered black chicken skillet, which is two chicken breasts crusted with a blend of chilli and other spices, and piled on top of a huge heap of potato and pumpkin mash. 


It was delicious, and I almost ate it all. I did not do a great job of taking the attached photo, as it is not easy to appreciate the scale of the skillet, but the magazine above was A4 sized, so my dinner was pretty much the size of a page of A4!

I clearly needed some further exercise to walk off this food, so I decided to take a leisurely stroll up and down Las Vegas Blvd in the early evening 108F heat, to snap some more photos.


The glass flowers are suspended from the ceiling of the Bellagio lobby, and are truly spectacular.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home