The Great Poker Adventure

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 4 - Moving Day

Tuesday started with the same routine; 6am in the gym followed by 7am at the pool for a swim and some early morning sun.

I then packed up and checked out of the MGM, and headed to the Blueberry Hill Diner on E Flamingo for breakfast (following a 2+2 recommendation). I ordered a classic eggs benedict with hash brown and a side of sourdough toast, and it was to die for! I have found my new favourite place for breakfast in Vegas.

I then made the short drive to the Venetian, where I am due to check-in today, but not until 3pm.

As I had 90 mins to spare before the England v Ukraine match, I got seated on a 1/2NL game. I didn't get involved in many hands, but ran one nice bluff and left with a small profit.

I then sat in the sumptuous new Venetian sports book to watch the England game.

Quite predictably, England were so poor in the 1st half that I couldn't bare to watch any more, so I repaired to the Grand Lux Cafe for lunch at HT.

The Grand Lux Cafe is an amazing restaurant, with a ridiculously broad menu, served in gorgeous surroundings, at great prices. Everything is huge and tastes great.

I ordered the Asian chicken salad, which was both healthy and delicious!

After lunch I decided to try to check in early. I used the well-publicised trick of presenting a $20 tip sandwiched between my credit card and passport, and asked for a "complementary upgrade".

I was delighted to be given a suite in the new Pallazo tower on the 44th floor, with a spectacular view over Treasure Island and western Las Vegas, with the Red Rock mountains as a back-drop.

After a short nap, I played another 1/2 session at the Venetian, with the Reds/Indians game on in the background. This was an extremely weak table, with an Asian guy donating regularly to the whole table, but I struggled to make a hand. I quit with a small win, frustrated that I couldn't make more of such a soft opportunity.

I decided to eat dinner at the Palazzo branch of the Grand Lux Cafe, and I ordered the BBQ chicken pizza, which was good, but not great.

After dinner, I decided that I needed a longer sleep than my usual 2 hour naps, so I set my alarm for 3am, and settled down for a solid six hour sleep.

At 3am I wandered over to the Venetian and got into a 1/2 game. It was noticeable how solid and aggressive the play was at my table, although I got my money in good with QQ as an overpair, only for a young american guy to catch a two-out J on the river, for my first stack-off of the trip.

Shortly after this table broke, and I moved to another very solid aggressive table, where I trod water for a while, before quitting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home