The Great Poker Adventure

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekly Report - Sunday 5th August 2007

NL ($0.50) - 2,898 hands - VPIP 18.88 - PFR 14.98 - Won $52.77 - BB/100 1.82

Weekly Totals 2,898 hands - VPIP 18.88 - PFR 14.98 - Won $52.77 - BB/100 1.82

Monthly Totals 2,486 hands - VPIP 18.62 - PFR 14.68 - Lost $10.68



It has been a tough week! Had I not gone on a bit of a tear over the last 150 hands and won two and a half buy-ins, I would be staring at a significant loss on the week. I have made a few bad decisions along the way, but I have also run into some vicious spots (like losing a buy-in and a half yesterday with set-over-set).

I am still playing with confidence, and I am generally happy with my play. Yesterday, I decided to switch back to playing a single $50NL table for a while (rather than 2) so that I could concentrate on taking proper notes on the other players, particularly the other decent players, who I am sure will be around for a while, at this and future levels. (The rakeback deal is so sweet at Battlefield, that I am sure that quite a lot of these guys are locked in for the long-haul on Prima, like I am.)

When I get time this week, I will write a summary of my approach to note taking, so that I can get some pointers on how to do this better.

3 Comments:

  • Your results for the month pretty much mirror mine at the moment. I seem to have lost mine money on a couple of hands but apart from that have been reasonably happy.

    I've moved money into Gutshot also a Prima site from Stars as I just can't seem to do anything there for 2 reasons - the 30% cashback I get and also the deposit and reload bonuses they offer which I assume are similar on other Prima sites.

    For note taking have a look at Brystmar and Fruity Pro Video's and see if there systems will suit you. I've picked up bits from both of them.

    Good luck

    By Blogger losbert, at 1:16 pm  

  • Theres a lot of the month left , i think just looking at your hands your not playing bad and if your confident i think the results will follow. I tried to like battlefield but i just cant play there. Ive moved to Pacfic the play there is real loose so i think the profit of playing these guys will make up for no rakeback. I heard that they give 75% rakeback on world poker exchange i was going to try it but the traffic is very bad so i think ill wait till it picks up.

    GL with the rest of the month.

    By Blogger RakebackFAQ, at 6:12 pm  

  • These figures are very similar to mine , i think im on about 18 /14 at the moment . I think these are good stats personally . Its worth reviewing your positional stats as well just in case they are not as they should be Both noledge and dodgyken have theres up . There worth checking out .

    On the note taking , i m thinking pretty much that this essential . I try to take notes and make notes on players sometimes i have to add them later . It also helps you with focussing if you make taking notes on the players one of your session goals

    By Blogger grinder, at 12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home