The Great Poker Adventure

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

I played about another 1k hands over the past two days, and I am now up a buy-in at $50NL for the month.

Three hands that I want to highlight.

Hand 1 :

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1343033

This hand is my biggest winning pot online to date! (I have won a couple of bigger pots live). Most annoyingly, the Prima software didn't show me what the villain had in defeat, maybe something like AJd for top/top and the nut flush draw?

Hand 2 :

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1343044

Villain plays 19/14 with an AF of only 1.14. How do you like villain's C/R on the flop? He has seen me open from UTG, so he should be giving me credit for some kind of hand. I thought about 4Betting the flop, but I figured that a big part of his range must be AA, KK, JJ, 33 and AK. I couldn't see him making that play with too much that I was beating here. Having said the above, I clearly should have slowed down and just called him down, although he was clearly going to ship it in on the river, as it turned out. When I saw what he had, I was outraged at his flop play!

Hand 3 :

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1343058

This hand was dealt at my other table, about 30 seconds after hand two (above) completed. I was still reeling from that experience, and so I tilt-pushed, which I am extremely ashamed of. I am certain that I pitch this hand 98 times out of 100. (Villain plays 33/11, not that I can honestly say that I even looked at his stats, before I insta-pushed!)

In summary, I am more or less treading water for the month, earning more in rakeback that I am in winning so far! I do feel comfortable at $50NL anyway.

2 Comments:

  • I'm also down one buy-in for the month, so I'll start playing on Battlefield this week...

    Hand 1) Very nice hand and pot

    Hand 2) his minraises stinks...playing bad and getting paid off, lucky bastard

    Hand 3) That's just a little tilt

    By Blogger RicciNas, at 3:28 pm  

  • Hand 1 Nice Pot and well played. Prima not showing hands at Showdown also annoys me a bit especially when trying to review them.

    Hand 2 You probably needed to bet more on the flop than betting out for half the pot. you may have got him to fold although I'm not sure about that. A check raise with that flop,l not something I'd have done.

    Hand 3 You've said everything, you know it was a mistake and the reasons why.

    By Blogger losbert, at 11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home